Bulle is the location for students who have chosen the specialisation in International Hospitality Management.
Once they will have completed and succeeded their non degree preparatory year at Glion Institute of Higher Education*, they will join the Bulle campus to start the BSc programme.
They will spend a total of 5 semesters on that campus.
AT THE HEART OF THE GRUYERE REGION
Bulle is a young and dynamic city located at the foot of the Fribourg Pre-Alps in the Gruyères discrict, a beautiful tourist region well-known for its local products. This university style campus offers the perfect setting to study the International Hospitality Management specialisation and to develop entrepreneurial and managerial skills. Campus facilities are modern and comfortable and suit the fast learning pace that students will experience. The campus is a few minutes from the centre of Bulle and students will have quick access to plenty of activities and sports facilities whether indoor or outdoor.
Inside & outside the campus
- Le Moléson: To meet the needs of busy full-time students and staff, this informal, free-flow dining restaurant offers a large selection of cold and hot dishes.
- The Veranda: This is the perfect place for those who are seeking for a quick and healthy lunch as it offers a varied salad buffet as well as sandwiches and snacks.
- The Lobby bar: This is the meeting place during breaks where students and faculty meet for a cup of coffee or tea. It also offers sandwiches and Danish pastries at reasonable prices.
- Bulle: The city itself has a good selection of cafés and restaurants for all different tastes. Students can choose to take a 5 day meal plan, covering lunch from Monday to Friday if they are authorized to live in external accommodation.
Rooms on the Bulle campus are modern and comfortable. Rooms in the Raymond Jaussi and Frédéric Tissot buildings have en-suite bathrooms with showers.
Laundry facilities are available in the different buildings and students can study, eat, or relax in community living areas. Housekeeping also offers a weekly service for all the bedrooms. The city of Bulle has an efficient public transportation system and students do not need cars but parking is available around the dormitories.
ACADEMIC LEARNING FACILITIES
The Bulle campus offers a conference style learning experience in a modern classroom setting.
The campus features:
16 classrooms – 4 auditoriums – 4 study rooms – 1 library
The library: managed by qualified professional librarians, the library offers a broad range of printed and on line publications including:
- Over 8,000 books
- 40,550 online full text journals, covering business and general education
- Over 1000 E-books on hospitality and business
- Databases on country profiles and consumer market such as Euromonitor
- The best academic journals in the field of hospitality & tourism
- A collection of international DVDs
In addition to the library, there is a study room with printers and computer facilities open 24 hours a day so students can work on projects and their dissertation.
Bulle Campus & Region
*Glion Institute of Higher Education, our sister school is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) in the USA. It is not part of the federally authorised UAS but the preparatory program is given on the Glion campus of this institution.