The Bluche campus buildings are harmoniously spread throughout Bluche alongside the restaurants, apartments and family habitations of this quiet mountain town. The campus structure spans across the entire village with close to 20 academic and accommodation buildings as well as to Crans-Montana with further residences.
NESTLED IN THE MAJESTIC SWISS ALPS
The Bluche campus is perched at 1,274 metres above sea level in the alpine village of Bluche, close to Crans-Montana, one of Switzerland’s most famous sport and tourist resorts.
You will live in comfortable and modern residences spread throughout Bluche and Crans-Montana. Students will develop their entrepreneurial competencies in a study environment that matches the Food, Beverage and Operations Management specialisation.
Recreational facilities include a fitness centre, tennis and basketball courts, soccer field, outdoor swimming pool and many other winter and summer activities and sports.
Students enjoy the advantages of community living in apartment complexes with double and single rooms in Bluche.
Special rooms such as single rooms and apartments are available, for an extra fee. Most residence blocks have a comfortable room divided so that each student has a personal living area for a desk, bed, safe-deposit box, closet, poster-board and nightstand.
A car is not necessary for students living in Bluche. Switzerland has a efficient public transportation system, and the walk between dorms and classes is short and easy.
Buses and a funicular railway service connect Bluche with the resort of Crans Montana above and the main line railway station in the town of Sierre below.
ACADEMIC LEARNING FACILITIES
The campus is equipped with wireless internet throughout. All learning facilities have state-of-the art equipment, including computer projectors, color printing, scanning or copying, audio visual devices and digital cameras.
- 30 well equipped classrooms, maximum capacity of 45 seats each
- 2 computer rooms
- 2 auditoriums (of 70 seats each)
- 1 newly renovated library with extensive study resources
- 1 Media Centre where faculty and students can study, work on group projects and print documents
The new extensive library holds over 10,000 books and professional magazines and some 2,000 CDs/DVDs. In addition, students also have access to more than 40,550 on-line full text journals and publications which are very helpful for research during assignments such as case studies or preparation of a dissertation.
Inside & outside the campus
- The Marketplace: This main dining room serves all three daily meals and consists of several food stations.
- A la Carte: Our fine dining restaurant is open for lunch and dinner and serves three course meals (appetizer, main course and dessert) to students and their guests.
- Café du Village (CDV): This informal restaurant is located next to the funicular station in a residential building.
- The Sandwich Bar: This fast-food style café offers sandwiches at noon for those students wishing to grab a quick bite.
- The Lobby Bar: Serves cakes and sandwiches.
- The Sports Bar: Offers a relaxed, modern space for socializing, open to students every evening from 5pm to midnight.
Bluche Campus & Region